[Scummvm-devel] Inherit the Earth is over DS memory limit again

neil at millstone.demon.co.uk neil at millstone.demon.co.uk
Tue Aug 11 00:02:23 CEST 2009

Hi,

It seems that Inherit the Earth now runs out of memory again. For the last release, I made an optimisation to how sounds were loaded in the Saga engine to get it into memory, but now it crashes in the game trying to allocate 196608 bytes. It's always this exact size, and it'll happen just walking around on the first screen in the game.

If anyone can see a way to save a little RAM, please tell me. I've done everything I can think of. IHNM and Saga2 are disabled, REDUCE_MEMORY_USAGE and similar options are all defined.

It would be a shame to have to drop ITE support from 1.0 for the DS port.

- Neil