[Scummvm-devel] Question regarding DC plugins

yotam barnoy yotambarnoy at gmail.com
Thu Aug 20 16:49:24 CEST 2009

I have a question about the DC plugin implementation, which I'm trying to
adapt for the PSP.

Specifically, I'm not sure how the ld command line parameters work.
--retain-symbol-file is supposed to get rid of all symbols not mentioned in
the plugin.syms file. How then can the executable call anything in the
shared object file except for loadPlugin, pluginName etc.?

While I'm at it, could the Wii developers tell me why they didn't manage to
use this approach with the Wii? I'm guessing that it has to do with the
PowerPC's instruction vs. data memory protection and not having kernel level
access, but I'd be interested to know for sure so that if this method is not
doable for the PSP I won't waste too much time on it.

Thanks in advance
Bluddy