[Scummvm-devel] GSoC gui tools

Thierry Crozat criezy at scummvm.org
Tue Dec 22 13:21:31 CET 2009

Le 14 déc. 09 à 17:08, Max Horn a écrit :

> Am 14.12.2009 um 15:40 schrieb Joost Peters:
>>
>> Also, Strangerke was having some issues with building the GUI tools
>> with
>> MSVC9, has anyone had any luck doing this?  If so, perhaps (s)he
>> could
>> shed some light on this?
>
> It would be good to know what the issues are. In fact, it would be
> good if as many people as possible tried to compile the tools on the
> GUI branch. Including those without wxWidgets, by the way (for those
> we should only compile the command line version; something that is not
> yet the case, I think, and which would be easier if we had a configure
> script in there).

I tried compiling the GUI Tools on MacOS X 10.6 today. I compiled
them successfully on MacOS X 10.4 a few weeks ago (with gcc 4.0) but
I had issues with 10.6 and gcc 4.2.

One of the issue is a compiler error and is reported in bug #2919303

The second issue is that currently wxWidgets on mac is using the
Carbon API and therefore can only be compiled in 32 bits, but by
default on a 64 bits computer with gcc 4.2, it tries to compile the
ScummVM tools in 64 bits. The solution I found is to set CXXFLAGS and
LDFLAGS to "-arch i386" before using configure.
This is a temporary issue because there is a Cocoa based wxWidgets
for mac in development and it can be compiled in 64 bits.

Thierry