[Scummvm-devel] "Broken Sword II" vs. "Broken Sword 2"

Torbjörn Andersson eriktorbjorn at telia.com
Wed Dec 30 20:29:59 CET 2009

Max Horn wrote:

> I just discovered that we refer to "Broken Sword 2" as such in most
> places, but in a few spots it's "Broken Sword II".

Just to add to the confusion, looking at Revolution's web pages I see:

"Broken Sword 1"
"Broken Sword - The Shadow of the Templars"
"Broken Sword Director's Cut"
"Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut"
"Broken Sword 2"
"Broken Sword II"
"Broken Sword - The Smoking Mirror"

At the time the wrote the game, they seem to have preferred roman
numerals. The engine gets the name from the text resources, and in my
English version of the game that's "Broken Sword II". (It then uses this
as the window title, which may or may not be a feature.)

There also used to be a GetGameName() function (which was never called)
which would set the name to "Broken Sword II", "Circle of Blood II",
"Baphomet's Fluch II" or "Some game or other, part 86", depending on the
language.

Torbjörn Andersson