[Scummvm-devel] Nintendo64 port patch into tracker

Fabio Battaglia hkzlabnet at gmail.com
Wed Dec 30 21:31:12 CET 2009

On Wed, 2009-12-30 at 19:41 +0100, Max Horn wrote:

> Well.. this seems to me the most niche port so far, though :). Like...
> how does one even get ScummVM and data files into the N64?
Uhm, thinking about it, i probably didn't answer your question fully
with the my last reply.

This port requires the user to have a copier unit for the N64: the
copier simulates a real cart, more or less what the flashcarts for
gameboy advance and DS do. It gets plugged in N64 cart slot or on the
bottom of the console (in the extension port).
Copiers are not very common now, i use this for developing:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doctor_V64
But there is an upcoming flashcart in development by neoflash
(http://www.neoflash.com/) latest news were that of a near release.

Users need to upload the generated image into the cart, and then turn on
the N64: to generate the image, the users require the scummvm binary,
and a romfs image to be appended at the end of it.

After this, the port works more or less like any other scummvm port, the
user has to detect games, start them and hopefully have fun.

--
* Member of the Italian Retro DECnet -> http://decnet.ipv7.net *
* HKZlab Hobbyist Network -> http://hkzlab.ipv7.net            *