[Scummvm-devel] FW: What is happening to the ScummVM team?

John Doe john_doe at techie.com
Fri Feb 13 11:44:00 CET 2009

Hi,

> Also, there are several engines in private repositories, which are in various
> stages. What would be the best course of action concerning them? Add
> them to the public repository in their current state? Or wait till they're
> more mature? It wouldn't be nice to have cases like M4, igor or cruise all
> over again :(

I think adding M4 so soon was a mistake, and I won't make that one again.
I have 2-3 engines I'm working on (with different priorities, of course, not all at thge same time :), two in private repos, and one on my HD. I'll only merge these with the ScummVM repo once the games are at least completable, i.e. when only minor/non-essential stuff is missing/buggy/not working.

While I also agree with Paul that another dev can help out when the original dev loses interest or can't otherwise work on it when the code is in the SVM repo, I think we should be careful not to trash the project with incomplete engines.

@Filippos: Can you please forward this mail to -devel, somehow SF blocks my host :(

Bye,
 Benjamin

--