[Scummvm-devel] FreeSCI merge

Eugene Sandulenko sev.mail at gmail.com
Fri Feb 13 11:47:28 CET 2009

Hi Team,

This is separate e-mail with couple of technical questions. About the
FreeSCI integration reasons and my apologies for lack of
comminucations in that area (and reason), see e-mail "ScummVM
integration".

The plan is to merge FreeSCI code tree with all historical data. I.e.
with every commit which took place there.

Unfortunately current darcs repository seems to be the only survived
source of such information, and some of the bits, such as branching
info is lost there. Sad, still I use that as a best source.

I used Tailor (http://wiki.darcs.net/DarcsWiki/Tailor) to export Darcs
into SVN repo, however that took much time during presence of
non-printable characters in some of the commit log messages. It took
much time even just to figure that out as Tailor was just crashing.

I hope that there are no objection in that. I.e. it will dump about
2000 revisions at once. If you are strictly against it, please, shout.

Now the question is. Where to put it? I consider putting it into

  /vendor/freesci/glutton
  /vendor/freesci/stable
  /vendor/freesci/web

I haven't come with better place as I don't want to clutter the root
of the repository. Any thoughts?

After the code will land our tree AS IS. There will be svn copy of the
needed bits wich will go to /trunk/engines/sci.

Another question is if you are agree and see benefit in having all
FreeSCI repo saved for historical reasons, what about doing same for
two other projects which we merged in the past, that is Sarien (AGI
engine) and Reinherit (SAGA engine). I have backups of their pre-merge
repositories, so that is doable.

Eugene