[Scummvm-devel] Understaffing (Was: What is happening to the ScummVM team?)

Johannes Schickel lordhoto at gmail.com
Fri Feb 13 17:06:21 CET 2009

Max Horn schrieb:
> For me, a team leader is not just a title, but also a measure of your
> activities. To me, Kirben qualifies in many ways as being a team lead.
> So do you, BTW.

I do not really see "team leader" as much more than a title. That does
not mean I do not value your work though. Of course in certain
situations the team leads could (and maybe should) just decide on what
to do on their own, but apart a "team lead" isn't much different from a
normal developer, IMHO.

On the other hand seeing that there are people who care less and others
who care more it might make sense to use "team leads" as position for
certain members, but in general I do not feel a real need to do so.

> It's active people who take responsibility. We can't force people to
> do it, though, and those who do are precious and few. And I think some
> of our problems are because nobody feels responsible for certain
> problems or deficiencies we have, and takes it up to work on them.

I doubt that would change when we call another one or more people "team
leads" though. :-)

// Johannes