[Scummvm-devel] Understaffing (Was: What is happening to the ScummVM team?)

Gregory Montoir cyx at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Feb 13 18:16:07 CET 2009

Filippos Karapetis <philipk79 <at> hotmail.com> writes:

> igor: I'm not sure about this, most of the game seems to be hardcoded.Were
> we given the original source of the game, or is this all based on
> dissassembly? I think that the demo works, but the game itself doesn't
> (or only parts of it are working)-

Long story... In short, we don't have the source, hardcoded game logic, datafiles
embedded in the executable, and since the original game was probably written with
a bunch of processor macros, the disassembly is... interesting.

So, currently, only the demo is supported. But I wouldn't object if you want
to remove the igor code from source tree. If I resume work on it one day, that
would probably from scratch (direct RE'ing doesn't seem the right "way" for this
one).

Gregory