[Scummvm-devel] ScummVM T-Shirts

Jordi Vilalta jvprat at gmail.com
Fri Feb 13 21:11:58 CET 2009

2009/2/13 Max Horn <max at quendi.de>:

> Am 13.02.2009 um 12:07 schrieb Torbjörn Andersson:
>
>> rob megone wrote:
>>
>>> Maybe a short snappy quote to inform people who see the shirt what
>>> ScummVM is
>>> examples would be something along the lines of
>>> "ScummVM - All your point and clicks belong to us"
>>> "ScummVM - Keeping a legacy alive"
>>> "ScummVM - Adventuring on"
>>
>> I rather like the one that appeared on Slashdot many years ago:
>> "Building a better tomorrow by cloning obsolete engines!"
>>
>> Mind you, the one who wrote it didn't mean it as flattery, but I still
>> think it has a nice ring to it:
>>
>> http://games.slashdot.org/comments.pl?sid=73323&cid=6596306
>

> Any of these would be fine to me, or none. I also like the idea of
> just having the logo, and maybe in small print the URL below it.
>
> What I don't like are versions or compatibility lists -- this stuff
> changes all the time, and I don't want to buy a new shirt whenever we
> make a new release or improve an engine. And I think it wouldn't look
> that good, and what purpose would it serve anyway? "Hey dude, look at
> how many games ScummVM supports!" -- "Huu? What is this ScummVM, and
> what are those games, I can't read them, their names are printed so
> small."  ;). And then there are the legal troubles using the names.
> Nah, better not.

I share this opinion.

I'd also like to have a ScummVM t-shirt. Should we create a wiki page
to note the ideas and decisions on the design?

In my opinion we should agree on some base things:
- Color of the t-shirt? Black? White? Orange? I usually don't like
wearing things with bright colors, but I think a ScummVM t-shirt would
rock in orange ;)
- Do we want printing in the front? In the back? On both sides? (does
it have influence on the price?) Personally I'd like to have just a
big ScummVM logo on one side, and something else on the other one
- Which ScummVM logo to use? The "S" icon? The complete name?
- What to put in addition to the ScummVM logo? Nothing? A phrase? A
drawing? In my opinion this part is the most artistical one and we may
be interested in doing a public contest. I'm sure we would see very
interesting designs to choose from.