[Scummvm-devel] PORTERS: Slight DISABLE_FANCY_THEMES handling change.

Johannes Schickel lordhoto at gmail.com
Mon Feb 16 23:17:41 CET 2009

Hi,

First of all if your port does not define DISABLE_FANCY_THEMES this mail
is probably not really useful for you.

You might have noticed that in trunk we switched our GUI renderer from
an pure template based approach, means taking an template parameter for
pixel format description, to an implementation, which takes a
Graphics::PixelFormat describing the pixel format as constructor
parameter. This allows us to support various different pixel formats
without any additionally generated code.

This removes the need for VECTOR_RENDERER_FORMAT on platforms where
DISABLE_FANCY_THEMES is defined, since now for every system we can
safely use OSystem::getOverlayPixelFormat to pass it to the
VectorRenderer. Thus everyone defining VECTOR_RENDERER_FORMAT can now
safely remove it.

// Johannes

PS: If you want to check out the commit removing VECTOR_RENDERER_FORMAT
check diffs for r38381.