[Scummvm-devel] ScummVM 0.13.0 and tools are tagged

Andre Heider a.heider at gmail.com
Thu Feb 19 19:12:59 CET 2009

Hi list,

something i just noticed while building the 0.13.0 release:

> Here is recommended contents for release archive for your build
> (changes in GUI themes):
>
>   AUTHORS
>   COPYING
>   COPYING.LGPL
>   COPYRIGHT
>   NEWS
>   README (generic ScummVM one)
>   scummmodern.zip (from gui/themes and if your port uses new GUI)

Makefile.common defines some variables i reuse in my Makefile:

DIST_FILES_THEMES
DIST_FILES_ENGINEDATA

Both themes are in the former, i guess the classic theme can be stripped since its buildin?
The latter already gets filled with engine specific runtime files - based on the enabled engines, which comes in very handy.

>   pred.dic (from dists directory)

This one is used only by the AGI engine afaict, but its in dist/ instead of dist/engine-data/
Maybe it could be moved there and added to DIST_FILES_ENGINEDATA based on ENABLE_AGI?
I'm not sure what package scripts have to be modified for that though...

And i think its a nice idea to introduce a 3rd var like DIST_FILES_COMMON with files like AUTHORS, README etc., to make
life easier for ports with custom Makefiles :)

Thoughts?