[Scummvm-devel] FAQ proposed update

Thierry Crozat (Yahoo! Mail) thierry.crozat at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Feb 21 16:27:00 CET 2009

How about adding the following entry in the section 3 of FAQ
("Running games"), maybe even in first place (i.e. FAQ 3.1)?

How do I install games to run in ScummVM?
For most games you do not need to run the installer. Simply copy
[link to game data files page on wiki] the files listed here[/link]
from your floppy or CD to your hard drive, then start ScummVM, click
on "Add Games" and select the directory in which you copied the game
files.

For some games the files will be packed and not directly accessible
on the floppy or CD. In such a case you will need to run the original
game installer and then copy the files from where they have been
installed installed to the directory in which you want to install the
game to play with ScummVM.

This seems to be a recurrent question / error on the forum and imho
it has its place in the FAQ. I don't think FAQ 5.2 ("I installed my
game but ScummVM can't find it") is sufficient, because it lets the
user install the game and then tell him this is not what he should
have done. Better tell him before what to do.
If you do add this new question, then the FAQ 5.2 can also be updated
to mention it.

Thierry