[Scummvm-devel] Engine::go() vs. Engine::init()

Max Horn max at quendi.de
Sun Feb 22 17:32:19 CET 2009

Hi,

can anybody think of a good reason why we wouldn't want to merge the
two methods Engine::go() and Engine::init() into a single one, like
Engine::run() ?

The advantage: We only have to do error checking on the return values
of one. Moreover, in the current setup it is a bit ambiguous for
engine authors what stuff to place in which func; several engines do
"initialization" stuff in go(), too. Of course internally, engines
could still separate code over multiple function calls, if they want to.

So, are there disadvantages?