[Scummvm-devel] Engine::go() vs. Engine::init()

Torbjörn Andersson eriktorbjorn at telia.com
Sun Feb 22 19:23:43 CET 2009

Max Horn wrote:

> can anybody think of a good reason why we wouldn't want to merge the
> two methods Engine::go() and Engine::init() into a single one, like
> Engine::run() ?

I've forgotten why go() was split into init() and go() in the first
place (see revision 15865). I can see that back then go() was changed to
void, so I guess the intention was to move anything that could go wrong
into its own function.

Since both now return Common::Error, I guess they may as well be re-merged.

Torbjörn Andersson