[Scummvm-devel] SCI: line drawing functions

Filippos Karapetis philipk79 at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 23 11:19:46 CET 2009

Hello

I was having a look at SCI's line drawing functions, and have some questions
- would it be safe to replace the line drawing functions inside gfx/gfx_support.cpp and gfx/gfx_line.cpp with our Graphics::drawThickLine() function? I personally don't see any issues with this, and I've tested some SCI games with this change, and they seem to run correctly, but I just wanted to get a second opinion. Our line code is in graphics/primitives.cpp and is based on Bresenham's line algorithm.
- it seems that there is provision in the code to draw thicker lines than 1 pixel, but it seems only line thickness of 1 is used... so we could replace this with our simpler Graphics::drawLine function, instead of Graphics::drawThickLine, right?

Regards
Filippos