[Scummvm-devel] back to the launcher!

sunmax at libero.it sunmax at libero.it
Mon Feb 23 21:50:46 CET 2009

Hi there!

Is there an official way to return to GUI Launcher when
we quit a game, instead of quitting ScummVM tout court ?

The default on the PS2 backend is to restart ScummVM from
CD/DVD if you are running from there. Because of some BIOS
limitation I don't have this luxury when you start ScummVM
from mass: pfs0: (HD), host: (remote, yeah we now have remote
support on PS2 ;-).

So it would make much sense to go back to the Launcher and
Quit from there if you really want to quit ScummVM and not
just the game. If you quit from there I will reboot the PS2.

Are the engines going to free all their resources?

Is any backend already doing this, so that I can, ehm...,
take inspiration? ;-)

Thanks!
 -max