[Scummvm-devel] SCI file handling revamp

Willem Jan Palenstijn wjp at usecode.org
Thu Feb 26 18:58:02 CET 2009

On Thu, Feb 26, 2009 at 11:50:07AM -0500, Max Horn wrote:
> Since there wasn't much feedback on the patch yet, except for some
> "seems to look OK", I guess we could move forward as follows: I'll
> commit the patch later today if nobody objects. Then, as we run into
> troubles due to files having to be mirrored / opened for read/write,
> this will cause to errors, which people then could report here,
> directly to me or as a tracker item. Then we can use that to complete
> the code.
>
> Actually, I might change the current warning that is produced when
> trying to write to a file opened in read-mode, and vice versa, to an
> error, to ensure I get plenty of reports quickly *ggg*.

Sounds like a good plan. I'd definitely use errors at first.

One other potential issue (which I think we should also ignore until it
becomes a problem but might warrant a TODO like the others):
in K_FILEIO_UNLINK, if we have both a savegame-'wrapped' file and a file
in the gamedata dir, this will behave in an unexpected way.

-Willem Jan