[Scummvm-devel] SCI file handling revamp

Max Horn max at quendi.de
Sat Feb 28 23:27:53 CET 2009

Am 27.02.2009 um 12:31 schrieb Willem Jan Palenstijn:

>> Thanks. Did this work before my changes, though? Does it work with
>> Sierra's SCI (SSCI)?
>
> I verified this with Sierra SCI:
>
> Starting LSL3 without LARRY3.DRV works fine, and creates LARRY3.DRV
> (eventually).
>
> This also worked before your changes, but after your changes error()s
> out in getFileFromHandle() called by kFClose().

Well, we could change them back to warnings, but I still would like to
understand why they are triggered. You mean, LSL3 tries to open the
file, fails to do so, then closes the file (even though it never
managed to open it) ?

Also, when the file is missing, do they just populate it with data
from scratch? What is it used for, actually?

Bye,