[Scummvm-devel] Virtual keyboard code from GSoC 2008

Max Horn max at quendi.de
Thu Jan 22 02:15:22 CET 2009

Am 21.01.2009 um 04:06 schrieb Eugene Sandulenko:

> On Wed, Jan 21, 2009 at 12:23 AM, Max Horn <max at quendi.de> wrote:
>> And adds another
>> dependency on the XML parser, so ... maybe we should the file format
>> to .ini style after all... :)
> XML, with embedded HTML ImageMaps is by design. This simplifies the
> keyboard pack creation considerably as you may use arbitrary grpahics
> editor, i.e. Gimp for selecting the buttons.
>
> I would really like to have flexibility there, i.e. currently we
> support polygons and rectangles, and lets us to use non-square
> buttons, such as Return button found on majority of modern keyboards.

I totally agree that using a format for which there exist editors
makes it easier to create the imagemaps.

But I disagree with the notation that ScummVM must parse the XML files
for that. Things would work just as well if we provided a simple
python (or whatever language) script which took the XML file and
converted it into another format. A format simpler than a full-blown
image map.

Bye,