[Scummvm-devel] Anybody willing to help out with TeenAgent?

rob megone silver_coast at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 28 02:06:00 CET 2009

Hello,
This is my first post to scummvm-devel.
Some of you may know me from the ScummVM community as Sanguine.
Im the guy who is working on the TeenAgent engine.

The engine is currently basically non existant, while I can load almost all of the resources I have no gameplay
code, Ive currently had input to the project from jvprat, salty_horse, johndoe123 and _sev.
Im very greatful for the assistance with the engine because without the help I wouldnt be as far along as I
am

Currently the following is possible :-

*Viewing room images.
*Viewing Union Logic animation from UNLOGIC.RES with music.
*Viewing all sprites from ONS.RES.
*Viewing the Polish versions CD PROJEKT image from CDLOGO.RES.
*Viewing main characters sprites.
*Viewing room overlay images.
*Viewing static inventory item images.
*Viewing and using Cursor images (PC or Amiga).
*Listening to music.
*Viewing the ordering info as per the original.
*Printing texts using the fonts from VARIA.RES.

I just hope some people see where I am coming from and feel they might be able to help out.

Overally the game engine is very simple, sadly it is hardcoded therefore it is just going to take a lot to
implement everything.

So Im asking if anybody wants to get involve in the engine.
It would be a great project, especially as I have the owners of Good Old Games and CDProjekt contacting
their daughter company Metropolis(the original programmers of the game) to arrange for a legal freeware
release of the game on GOG.COM.

Before you ask, there is no source code available.

An engine in ScummVM for this game would not only promote ScummVM and GOG, but it would bring back to
the forefront a really fun adventure game, not just any adventure game but the first adventure game in
poland to ever reach CD ROM.

Seriously though.. This game is mega famous in Poland :D

I must make it clear that I am not writing this message because I want people to work on the engine and
implement things while I sit idly by and watch, Im asking because this is my first project and I need
assistance because I dont know absolutely everything and you guys are so helpful anyway

Many thanks

Robert Megone (sanguine)