[Scummvm-devel] Fw: SCI: SQ4 Talkie DoSound

m_kiewitz at users.sourceforge.net m_kiewitz at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Jul 7 20:05:15 CEST 2009

> > Just found another problem and somewhat solved it.
> > SQ4 uses DoSound on resources that don't exist,
> actually the
> > resource exists as audio resource. Also the SCI script
> needs
> > a DoSound-event back so that it continues with the
> game
> > (intro of SQ4 for example).
> Right. BTW, this is not exclusive to SQ4CD, we need this
> for SCI1.1 games in general. We should check for an audio
> resource first, and if it doesn't exist, try a sound
> resource.

Actually I went the other way. If no sound resource is found, try to look for an audio resource.

> Isn't it sufficient to use testResource() to test for
> existence of an audio resource, and then do something
> similar to kSciAudioPlay in DoAudio? startAudio() returns
> the sample length in ticks so that should be enough
> information to delay the iterator the appropriate amount of
> time.

Still this would require a new iterator as well. So doing one that is just taking milliseconds as input and then fires the event when its done?

There's now a patch. Does it only contain the playing of the audio resource, so the iterator/event is missing? I could do it, but I don't want to waste my time, so if s/o is already doing it, please say so.

Regards