[Scummvm-devel] [Scummvm-cvs-logs] SF.net SVN: scummvm:[42257] scummvm/trunk/graphics

Paul Gilbert paulfgilbert at gmail.com
Thu Jul 9 04:20:28 CEST 2009

On Thu, Jul 9, 2009 at 4:07 AM, Eugene Sandulenko <sev at scummvm.org> wrote:

> I think that this is also the good thing to do.
>
> What we are talking here is dropping support for MS Visual C++ 2003,
> i.e. 6 years old compiler. I wouldn't rely on that, especially in
> regard of freely available MSVC2008 aka MSVC9.
>

> Eugene

I'd concur with this. I think I was one of the few people still using an
older version of MSVC to compile, and even then it was Visual Studio 2005
(aka MSVC8), which was a work copy so I could also do some C# development
after hours if necessary. Now I'm in the middle of setting up a new
computer, and I've installed the Express MSVC 2008 (aka MSVC9) as well. If
the old version of MSVC is really causing problems, maybe it should be
dropped, particularly since, as Sev points out, MSVC9 is freely available
for download.

Paul.