[Scummvm-devel] [Scummvm-cvs-logs] SF.net SVN: scummvm:[42287] scummvm/trunk

Willem Jan Palenstijn wjp at usecode.org
Thu Jul 9 17:37:26 CEST 2009

On Thu, Jul 09, 2009 at 05:23:24PM +0200, Max Horn wrote:
> >> Is that *really* necessary? I.e., is MSVC not able to handle multiple
> >> source files with the same name in a single project in the year
> >> 2009 ?
> >> Other compilers / deve environments could cope with that 15 years
> >> ago... Surely MSVC can do it now?
> >
> > It supports, it rename internally files.
> > However it's not beautiful.
> > Really gcc can output two the same filenames in the same dir ?
>
> Of course neither GCC nor any other program can store two files with
> the same name in the same dir. But here we are talking about files
> with the same name in *different* dirs...

By default, MSVC stores all object files in the same intermediate
directory. It's possible to tell it to use a different-than-default .obj
filename for a file, though. It might also be possible to tell it to
build a tree in the intermediate directory, but I'd have to look that
up.

With the make-based system, we store the .o files in the same directory
as the source file. (Or in the same tree with a different root.)

-Willem Jan