[Scummvm-devel] ps2 gdb & COMI buster

Max Horn max at quendi.de
Thu Jul 9 22:23:42 CEST 2009

Am 08.07.2009 um 02:49 schrieb sunmax at libero.it:
[...]

It's great to hear that you can finally do some (albeit complicated)
gdb debugging for the PS2. And that apparently the issue for the
crashes is now clear. Johannes already explained the likely cause and
how to overcome it.

If that doesn't solve it or if it's unclear how to proceed, we'll hear
from you, I guess ;).

> I started working on trunk for 0.14.0, it compiles but so far it's all
> pitch black. It surely extends the life of my LCD TV, but is not very
> exciting. It probably still need dome fine tuning... anyway it's going
> to be much easier now with gdb!

Yay :)

> The only serious open issue is the corruption on scummvm.ini, which is
> probably due to out of sync caching when writing back the config file
> (if that proves to be the cause, we could just disable caching on R/W
> files on PS2 and leave it on only for the big RO files (like *.bun)
> where is really needed).

That sounds like a good idea! Actually, we have an explicit "finalize"
call for savegames, maybe you just need to implement this on the PS2
properly?