[Scummvm-devel] 1.0 or not 1.0? (was: ScummVM 1.0.0 release schedule)

Johannes Schickel lordhoto at scummvm.org
Sat Jul 11 20:05:08 CEST 2009

Joost Peters wrote:
> FWIW I also like Sven's idea of having an RC release first, which should
> definitely helps us to get rid of most serious bugs for the official 1.0.

I'm not exactly sure what DrMcCoy wants btw. Is he for another release
before 1.0.0 (thus delaying a final 1.0.0 by 6 months), which is just
called 1.0.0rc instead of 1.0.0?

Or is he for a release candidate to be released a few weeks before final
1.0.0?

I'm fine with the latter, even if we would decide against 1.0.0 and
chose to release 0.14.0, I did propose a similar thing last release
anyway. I'm in fact for a RC before every minor release and of course
for major ones too ;-).

If he talks about the first, I don't see why we should call it "1.0.0rc"
instead of 0.14.0.

Actually I think if we do release a 1.0.0 now, we should not handle it
like every other 6 months release. This time (as stated in my other
mail) we should really test all games then and if that's not done in the
schedule, I would strongly vote for delaying the release. A major
problem like ITE not being completable would be worst for a release like
1.0.0.

// Johannes

PS: I'm still for 0.14.0 though ;-).