[Scummvm-devel] 1.0 or not 1.0? (was: ScummVM 1.0.0 release schedule)

Paul Gilbert paulfgilbert at gmail.com
Sun Jul 12 03:05:26 CEST 2009

On Sun, Jul 12, 2009 at 1:40 AM, Oystein Eftevaag <wintermute at geheb.com>wrote:

> For what it's worth, I personally believe ScummVM should've been at 1.0
> for a year or two now, if not more. I'm not a big fan of the whole
> Google beta status that so much of the open source community is sticking
> to these days.

I generally dislike making 'me too' posts, but I concur with all the points
Oystein made - I too think ScummVM has been effectively '1.0' for several
years. Extra features being added on would be nice, but I don't see them as
critical, and I agree that we might as well go to 1.0 to avoid confusion
about beta status. Extra features, like 16-bit support, can always be added
on as version 1.1, 1.2, etc. releases.

Paul.