[Scummvm-devel] PS2 - 0.13.x and trunk status

Johannes Schickel lordhoto at scummvm.org
Sun Jul 12 10:16:23 CEST 2009

sunmax at libero.it wrote:
> (a) *** kyra - eof condition ***
>
>    The intro does fine.
>
>    When starting the game we get:
>
> fopen(host:games/Kyrandia-Scummvm/STARTUP.PAK, rb)
> open host:games/Kyrandia-Scummvm/STARTUP.PAK [4]
>   _mode = 1
>   _fileSize = 95103
> ferror -> 1
> Read error while parsing file '_STARTUP.EMC!
>
> This shows that an EOF condition was returned from
> ferror (ps2_ferror) - if we fake-return 0, instead
> of 1, kyra starts and works just fine.
>
> It's very likely that the EOF condition is not cleared
> in some file ops on the PS2 backend.
>
>  - is anything changed in the way we handle STARTUP.PAK
>    from 0.13.1? [it works just fine there]

We did not touch the PAK code. This error message is generated by the
new EMC loading code, which was changed to use the IFF parser in
common/. I also added a check for ReadStream::err() being true at the
end, if that's the case you'll get this error message you pasted.

So I guess it must be related to the way you handle eof / error bits in
your file I/O implementation.

// Johannes