[Scummvm-devel] kyra.dat

Johannes Schickel lordhoto at scummvm.org
Tue Jul 14 16:10:15 CEST 2009

Johannes Schickel wrote:
> These days there's a central place for that. (Even at the time it was
> even more complicated there was a single place :-P).

Actually I don't know my code any more... There is no central place for
that anymore, every container file (KYRA.DAT is one) is a
Common::Archive subclass nowadays with an Common::ArchiveMember, which
is used to open to container file when
Archive::createReadStreamForMember is called. This makes things a bit
more complicated ;-).

This was changed in r35735, before all streams were opened in
Resource::createReadStream. But since I added a detection for the most
recent KYRA.DAT the user has in his path, I couldn't go with filenames
anymore, so I had to change it to use Common::ArchiveMember and thus
decentralize the file opening. I could of course create a faked
Common::ArchiveMember for KYRA.DAT, which keeps the file open the whole
game session, though that looks really like a hack to me :-/

// Johannes