[Scummvm-devel] Bring testers to the team?

Max Horn max at quendi.de
Wed Jul 15 10:47:42 CEST 2009

Travis, folks, everybody,

every change, every new approach, bears risks. So does this. Maybe
Travis is right and we cannibalize our existing "tester pool" (also
like Eugene I have my doubt about its existence in the first place,
and also about the conjecture effect).

In our situation, I think there is only one way to find out: By trying
it out, for 1-2 releases at least. If we find it doesn't work, we can
still go back. It's highly unlikely that we burn out all willing
testers during that time -- there are simply far too many people who
constantly use ScummVM.

I still firmly believe in this approach, but I admit it's only a
believe right now, just like Travis believes differently -- we cannot
know for sure who is right until we give it a try (and the truth
probably is somewhere in between anyway).

Bye,