[Scummvm-devel] Bring testers to the team?

Pierre-Yves GĂ©rardy pygy79 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 16 10:16:45 CEST 2009

> Maybe we can come up with a way to store these nightlies efficiently
> (maybe using a binary diff approach, i.e., only store a binary diff
> between builds; of course then one would need an efficient retrieval
> system, too). But I think it's too far outside our scope to work on
> something like this, so unless there is an off-the-shelf solution, I'd
> not bother with it.

For the binary diff side of the equation Google's Courgette just got out.

For the retrieval system, you could use a binary-partition based system too
(ie store daily, 2-daily, 4daily etc diffs)...

http://blog.chromium.org/2009/07/smaller-is-faster-and-safer-too.html
<http://blog.chromium.org/2009/07/smaller-is-faster-and-safer-too.html>
http://dev.chromium.org/developers/design-documents/software-updates-courgette