[Scummvm-devel] New GUI options were added to ScummVM. ATTN all engine devs.

Eugene Sandulenko sev at scummvm.org
Sat Jun 6 22:05:27 CEST 2009

On Sat, 6 Jun 2009 21:46:44 +0200
Max Horn <max at quendi.de> wrote:

> > I recently added new feature to ScummVM GUI which I called Game GUI
> > options. This was an old planned thing from me and I finally got my
> > hands over the implementation.
>
> Awesome work. As are the other changes, like that new "search"
> widget in the launcher :).
Well, there were almost 60 commits. The short list is:

 - Major improvements AGI engine. All opcodes are implemented, input
   revisited
 - vastly, improved GUI look.
 - split out labels from our PopUp widget (that was a big task)
 - added Mute option to GUI and Ctrl+U hotkey
 - improved Mass Add, so it is more user-friendly
 - added ability for free text alignment in GUI widgets
 - and fixed some old bugs and reviewed FRs and patches.

> I propose we add an "--update-target-settings" command line option,
> which does that. And add ways in the GUI to trigger it
>
> If this sounds OK to people, I'll work on it.
That would be really, really nice!

> > Also since there is no way to update the flags, the list is turned
> > into
> > list of 'NO's,' whereas more natural would be to have it as list of
> > 'DO's' as the games tend to use narrow subset of options.
>
> Makes sense, I guess.
Yeah

Eugene