[Scummvm-devel] Virtual keyboard work: Request for ideas.

Johannes Schickel lordhoto at gmail.com
Mon Jun 8 22:15:35 CEST 2009

John Willis wrote:
> Someone else will have to look at that, way out of my league ;-).
>
> The other thing I have found (and would appreciate some thoughts on as I try
> and debug) is that some games (not the whole engines per-say) such as Monkey
> 2 (in the copy protection screen), Lure (save dialogue), Sky (save
> dialogue), RTZ (save dialogue) seem to only support taking the 1st event off
> the queue and chucking the rest when the keyboard is closed rather than
> taking and processing all events in the queue.
>
> A good way to show this is in MI2 with the copy protection screen, you have
> to show virtual keyboard, select 0, close, show, 0, close etc. etc. rather
> than being able to just select 0, 0, 0, 0 and close.

Well IMHO the virtual keyboard should be useable while the game is
running, like it's for example in the WinCE keyboard. I tried the vkbd
code on my desktop once and found it most annoying having to close the
keyboard before the input is processed. I guess one of the problems here
is currently when the overlay is visible no game graphics can be updated.

// Johannes