[Scummvm-devel] Switching from SVN to git, mercurial or bazaar

Lars Skovlund lskovlun at image.dk
Tue Jun 9 17:44:11 CEST 2009

On Sun, Jun 07, 2009 at 06:57:58PM +0200, Max Horn wrote:

> All in all, I am interested in moving ScummVM from SVN to one of
> these. For now, I have the most experience with git, but I wouldn't
> exclude the others as possibilities.
>
> [...]
>
> Let the flamewar, err, discussion begin :)

A huge, hearty "YES!" from me. Moving (back, in the case of the old
FreeSCI members are concerned) to a DVCS might encourage me to take up
ScummVM development again, because it is easier to make independent
changes, easier to keep up with others in the face of bigger changes,
easier to resolve conflicts, and so on. Most of these advantages have
been explained elsewhere, so I'll just leave it at that.

The biggest disadvantage for me might be platform support. My laptop
is a PPC Mac and I never really got Darcs to work on it. One of the
python-based DVCSes would solve this, obviously.

Lars