[Scummvm-devel] Cine engine music player

Paul Gilbert paulfgilbert at gmail.com
Sat Jun 20 09:06:47 CEST 2009

Hi people,

This is mostly intended to anyone currently working on the Cine engine. I
recently copied the Operation Stealth Adlib playing code for use in Cruise
for a Corpse, and was having trouble getting the notes to play properly. I
tracked it down to the 'findNote' method - the equivalent routine in the
game executable for Cruise returns 'note' as a value between 0 and 11,
whereas the Cine routine doesn't.

Looking at the cine source, I notice that the Future Wars Adlib driver does
an explict check, after a call to findNote, for if channel == 6, and if so
does 'note %= 12'. The Operaiton Stealth version, however, doesn't have
anything like this. It may thus have a similar bug with music playback. I
don't have a copy of Operation Stealth to test the engine myself, but I
thought I'd bring it to the attention of the list, in case this it's still
an outstanding problem for that game as well.

Regards,

Paul.