[Scummvm-devel] New developer, introductory mail

Max Horn max at quendi.de
Sun Mar 1 18:13:13 CET 2009

Hi Fabio, all,

Am 01.03.2009 um 11:28 schrieb Fabio Battaglia:

> On Sun, 2009-03-01 at 10:57 -0500, Max Horn wrote:

[...]
>> Another possibility (orthogonal to the above) : Add a big #ifdef
>> ENABLE_PSX_GAMES / #endif pair. That way, ports with limited memory
>> can disable support for these obscure game variants, in order to
>> conserve precious space.
> Right, in fact the simple support of psx version of broken sword alone
> adds much code by itself. I can start adding ifdef like that to
> after i
> finished optimizing some of my code (which really needs to avoid doing
> useless things, like decoding the whole parallax layer when only some
> tiles are shown on screen, etc.)

Sure, do your other work first. Also, littering the code with tons of
#ifdefs is not *that* nice, either of course. I am not sure how
separate your code is; but if it was e.g. encapsulated in subclasses
etc., that would make it easier to turn it on/off conditionally. Nicer
to #ifdef a whole class than to spew tons of #ifdefs into a big
function :)