[Scummvm-devel] ScummVM 0.13.0 has been released. 0.13.1 plans

Johannes Schickel lordhoto at gmail.com
Sun Mar 1 18:44:57 CET 2009

Max Horn schrieb:
> * I think trying the RC system out is worth a try. Many projects use
> that, including e.g. the Linux kernel. Why not us. If you dislike the
> RC term, then let's call it prerelease build or something. But still,
> a coordinate effort to make binary built from more or less the same
> source revision available to people would help. Esp. the fact that the
> prerelease builds would be made from the same revision, because that
> way it would be clearer which bug fixes are already in each build and
> which not. If we can't coordinate building from the same rev, then at
> least each build should contain the SVn rev it was made from.

IMHO we should really try to use the same rev for those. At least I
would find it strange when we would call a build say "RC1" and all ports
used a different revision to built from and of course it would be the
point of having an RC to release a fixed revision for most (every?) port
out there so people could test it.

// Johannes