[Scummvm-devel] PS2 #7 : performance : Themes seeking : important

sunmax at libero.it sunmax at libero.it
Mon Mar 2 06:59:08 CET 2009

It takes longer than it should to bootstrap ScummVM on PS2
cause even if we specified a theme folder (which does work,
cause at the end it's eventually used) the theme engine
keeps looking for "THEMERC" in a few folders, and scan all
the zip on its way. I am pretty sure this can be useful on
desktops if you want to override a theme, but could we skip
it on consoles? If the theme path in ScummVM.ini is valid,
load the selected theme from there, otherwise use built-in.

Makes sense?

Two related questions:

 a) what's the difference between "built-in" classic and
    the "zip" that we have?

 b) do we have more than 2 themes? I download "modern ice",
    etc. But it seems they have not been updated yet.

Thanks!
 -max