[Scummvm-devel] PS2 #11 : user-friendliness : pre-named saved games : nice

sunmax at libero.it sunmax at libero.it
Mon Mar 2 07:02:34 CET 2009

Most of the users don't have a USB kbd plugged into their PS2,
it would be nice if we could provide some preformatted name
for the games to be saved. We someway do it in some engines
(eg. Scumm) when the user saves it blank, and a name is
inserted ("Save 0", etc.) when we try to load them back.

It would be nice to provide an option for consoles, where
a standard name, with progressive numeration, date, etc.
is provided when we want to save, without assuming the
user is going to type anything.

As an important note, some games (notably simon2) cannot
load the game back if you leave its name empty. So it's
something more than just a nice feature ;-)

Thanks!
 -max