[Scummvm-devel] PS2 : 0.13.x changelog

sunmax at libero.it sunmax at libero.it
Mon Mar 2 07:20:18 CET 2009

 - 0.13.x friendly ;-)

    - new GUI/themes

    - no more funky colors!

    - load/delete saved games

 - cleaned-up Makefile.PS2 :
   - dropped multiple extra paths
   - dropped deprecated deps (UCL, MPEG2)

 - all possible devices are supported to store, play and save games:

    - CD
    - HD
    - USB
    - MC
    - REMOTE ! (this could actually be anywhere on the internet
      as long as you run "ps2client listen" on the machine on
      the other side that hosts the games)

 - tested from :
   - ps2link
   - uLE
   - toxicOS

 - tested with:
   - bass
   - bs1
   - mi1
   - comi
   - indy4
   - ft
   - ite
   - ihnm
   - elvira1
   - dig
   - kyra
   - lure
   - simon2
   - goblins1

   Played all those games in 1 session using RTL. Very smooth,
   sub-second RTL experience. No crash!

 - new PAL/NTSC detection : we are now reading the flavor from PS2 ROM,
   it should work on all PS2 slim too

 - new PAL TV centering : no more missing chunk of games on top/bottom

 - we can now read the savefiles from Linux/SDL and other backends!
   if you add that you can read them from remote together with the
   games that you already have there, you can imagine the fun ;-)

 - we fully implement RTL with every games/engine

 - we nicely reboot / shutdown on quit

 - fully support for themes/savegames paths. Run from MC, play the
   games on remote and store your data on USB or HD. No limits!

 - universal write/read for every media (of course no write on CD/DVD!)

 - fully async / DMA read-write access to every media (even MC!)

 - optimized cache/read-ahead for every media - now COMI is fast and
   enjoyable from remote as it is from CD ;-)

 - non polluting MC storage, just 1 folder + 1 icon, so that you can
   copy all your settings / saved games to another MC in one go!

Enjoy the best PS2 backend ever!
 -max