[Scummvm-devel] PS2 #14 : user-friendliness : console specific options : nice

sunmax at libero.it sunmax at libero.it
Tue Mar 3 01:14:58 CET 2009

Ciao Max!

> The idea to handle this was a long time ago to allow backends
> to add a backend-specific tab to the global options dialog

Beautiful!

> But it was never completed.

Sadness...

> you could modify gui/options.cpp, and then add a new tab to the
> GlobalOptionsDialog: Modify the constructor to add a new tab and
> populate it; modify open/close to set the control settings from the
> config manager, resp. vice versa. You'd also have to modify the
> theme files accordingly, I guess... hm.

Aaaaarrrggghhhhhhhh... not the theme files too please ;-)

I was thinking of something more rookie, what if we left the
users hand-edit ScummVM.ini with some PS2 options, would they
just been dropped and disregarded? Can I fetch them some way to
bypass the default?

Even without a fancy GUI for now it would be already an improvement
vs. current hardcoded values.

What do you think?

Thanks!
 -max