[Scummvm-devel] templates, visuals, getDevices()

Rainer M. Canavan scumm at canavan.de
Tue Mar 3 23:29:48 CET 2009

Max Horn <max at quendi.de> wrote:

> Am 02.03.2009 um 16:51 schrieb Rainer M. Canavan:
>
> > Max Horn <max at quendi.de> wrote:

[...]

> My first thought is: Gee, yet another buggy compiler :-). One approach
> to solve this problem is to switch to GCC, e.g. maybe this one works: <http://freeware.sgi.com/cd-2/relnotes/gcc.html
>  > or the 4.2.3 gcc provided by pkgsrc: <http://mail-index.netbsd.org/pkgsrc-users/2008/02/19/msg000417.html

I already have gcc 4.3.x installed, the problem is that switching
to gcc isn't acceptable for packages to be included in what
is currently _the_ repository for open source software on irix,
i.e. http://www.nekochan.net/what-is-nekowar.html
If that were not the case, I'd not have bothered with the native
compiler. I think I'll ask around there if anyone has a "nice"
workaround for this problem.

[...]

> This seems to be a bug in the template handling logic of the compiler.
> If you can find a way to workaround it w/o breaking GCC, we could
> consider it (I would help searching one, but w/o having access to
> MIPSPro, that's difficult. OTOH, it is very easy to get access to some
> machine running GCC... ;).
>
> We could also use your patch, but surrounded with #ifdef MIPSPRO /
> #endif (using the appropriate flags to detect your compiler). That's
> quite ugly, though, but might be the only way to support this compiler.

It wouldn't want to pollute the ScummVM source with #ifdefs but rather
handle the patch myself and include it with the binary package.

[...]
> > That one's mine actually, it's the IRIX midi driver. Just apply it.
>
> Aha. Well, then "someone" should apply. Though the codes doesn't quite
> comply to our code formatting guidelines.
>
> If nobody applies it, submit it via the patch tracker, then I'll do it
> during the weekend.

I've cleaned it up according to the guidelines and stuck it in the tracker.

Rainer