[Scummvm-devel] Understaffing (Was: What is happening to the ScummVM team?)

Joost Peters joostp at 7fc1.org
Wed Mar 4 16:18:47 CET 2009

Thanks for the feedback Henry.

Henry Bush schreef:
> I think the idea has merit, and I think it's worth a try. Given
> previous discussions, and lack of time as far as devs are concerned, I
> don't know if people will be willing to take on the resonsibility
> though.

I'm not suggesting we fill these positions using existing developers
(although that surely would be nice).  These jobs could also be done by
new contributors who specialize in these things (and may not be
developers themselves, just people who love ScummVM).

> And what happens if someone doesn't do what they're supposed
> to? Presumably it's still up to the leads to confront them about it
> (though granted, that should be easier than doing all the tasks
> themselves).

Yes, finding reliable people who stick around will likely not be easy.
If people neglect to do their job for extended periods of time, then
they can be confronted by anybody (since now you have a specific person
you can talk to), or in the worst case they will have to be replaced,
and the work will temporarily fall back on "someone", like it is now.

Cheers,
Joost