[Scummvm-devel] Understaffing (Was: What is happening to the ScummVM team?)

Joost Peters joostp at 7fc1.org
Wed Mar 4 21:59:22 CET 2009

Hi Fredrik,

[vEX] schreef:
> Testing and feedback is highly appreciated. Specially testing on IE7 and
> possibly IE8 beta/RC whatever is available (hmm.. is the Windows 7 beta still
> open to public?). And of course Safari, I can run Chrome under a virtual Windows
> installation and Midori in Linux. But I wouldn't be surprised if Apple made some
> tweaks to the webkit powering Safari.

So far it seems fine on Safari, although I've not tested in-depth.
There's a small problem on the downloads page, but that also happens
with other browsers apparently.  I've attached a screenshot to the
tracker item.

> I think more people would be compelled to test it if was up and running on some
> web host. As it is now anyone wishing to try it out must set up a local http
> deamon with PHP and configure it as such.

Yeah, no doubt. :)

> Perhaps if someone took it upon him to keep an updated version using the
> "Developer Web" that SourceForge provides for team members.

Is this something you or I could do?  Maybe I should read up on exactly
what this is...

> Well, that depends on what kind of responsibility I'm going to have. As you must
> have noticed by now I don't spend that many hours a week. And usually never on
> weekdays as I just don't have the time.

The website will probably not need much maintenance, but if there are
bugs/issues it'd be nice if they could be assigned to a specific person
on the tracker (ideally the one who wrote it :)), who then looks into
them as time permits.

> Given that once the website is up and running it shouldn't require to much
> maintenance. Still I think this is something that should be shared by at least 2
> persons. Infact I think so for the other suggested positions as well, it never
> hurts to have a backup.

Hmm, yes.  Good point.

> Once the website is done I was actually hoping to have a crack at the planets
> (blog aggregation) site to make the design match the website.

Cool!

Regards,
Joost