[Scummvm-devel] Understaffing (Was: What is happening to the ScummVM team?)

Joost Peters joostp at 7fc1.org
Thu Mar 5 17:56:29 CET 2009

Max Horn schreef:
> Am 05.03.2009 um 09:51 schrieb Joost Peters:
>
>> Andre Heider schreef:
>>> You asked to prove you wrong, and while there's already an ongoing
>>> discussion about e.g. one or more webmaster(s), I'm willing to look
>>> into a build server setup (like buildbot) if thats okay.
>> Cool!  We should try and get the ball rolling on this one.  Set a good
>> example. ;)
>>
>> Maybe with Max/Eugene's blessing we could make a start on it this
>> weekend?   Anyone else willing to join us, speak up!
>>

> Definitely have my blessing, and I am willing to help, too. I already
> played a bit with buildbot in the past. If you want I can send you my
> config file from back then, but you are probably better off starting
> from scratch (as I did) and reading the buildbot docs, instead of
> trying to figure out some of the stuff I did (I probably did stupid
> things, and half-done stuff will be in there, etc.). And it's been
> some time I looked at the buildbot docs myself... Anyway, maybe we can
> meet on IRC during the weekend on work on this together. Or you can
> work alone, and we just discuss stuff when the need arises (my point
> here being: Neither should slow down the other by needless
> discussions. If you are comfortable doing what you do, by all means,
> go ahead, don't think you need to discuss all details with me ;).

I've not talked to Andre yet (I also don't know if his offer meant that
he has experience, or that he (like me) would be willing to learn), but
my plan was to spend some time reading the documentation, maybe try
setting it up on a local machine, and then (on Sat/Sun) together with
everyone who is interested, discuss and figure out how to proceed
setting it up on the server.

Meeting on IRC this weekend sounds like a good idea.  Are you still in
the US?

Btw. Do we also plan to use this as a means to provide nightly builds
for a wide range of platforms?

Cheers,
Joost