[Scummvm-devel] Wiki Per Game Compatibility by Platform (formerly Wiki Editing)

MetaFox 4sfemail at gmail.com
Thu Mar 5 22:11:50 CET 2009

I hope you don't mind me replying to a really old post.  My e-mail wasn't
working at the time, and I was never subscribed to scummvm-devel.

I just came upon this post a few days ago, and this is an issue that still
needs to be addressed in my opinion.

I agree with not having all of the information from the compatibility list
entry.  It's probably too much tech talk for the average user.

I narrowed it down to just compatibility per port.  I updated the
aforementioned Loom page:
http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/Loom Loom with just the platform
compatibility.  I'm not sure if it should be listed like that, or if it should
be listed separately per platform.

Or maybe we should just point to the new compatibility by platform page,
and not list them per game.  I'm not sure about that though, as I know
some platforms with less memory for example support all of the SCUMM
games except for Curse of Monkey Island.

Maybe listing exceptions on the new compatibility page would be the
best way to go, that way users can just look it all up on one page in the
wiki.  I'm not sure how to go about that though.  An asterisk style note to
check the bottom might go unnoticed, and there's no room to list exceptions
in the table.  It already looks a bit crowded now IMO.

MetaFox