[Scummvm-devel] Transferring FreeSCI credits

Max Horn max at quendi.de
Sat Mar 7 07:24:38 CET 2009

Hi folks,

we still need to take care of handling / transferring the contributor
credits of FreeSCI. In particular, in engines/sci/engine/kmenu.cpp,
there is a list of credits. As briefly discussed on this list in a
past conversation, this list should go there, but it should not just
be deleted without replacement.

So, the question is how to handle it, and I am open for input. I am
CC'ing Christoph "creichen", too, in case he has something to say on
this sensitive matter.

Here are some thoughts:
* code contributors should be added to our COPYRIGHT file
* for the rest, we could make a new section in credits.pl, something
like "FreeSCI contributors", and add them all there
* What about the "Special thanks":
   "Special Thanks as well\n\n\nto the linuxgames.com and
telefragged.com crew\nfor hosting us\n\n"
   "To the savannah.gnu.org staff\nfor hosting our mailing list\n\n"
   "To Bob Heitman and Corey Cole for their support"
  We could just replace "us" by FreeSCI. Or we just remove it, because
the hosting has moved, and I have no idea who the Bob Heitman and
Corey Cole are and what we thank them fore... :)

Bye,