[Scummvm-devel] GSoC 2009

David Given dg at cowlark.com
Tue Mar 10 23:17:02 CET 2009

On Tue, 10 Mar 2009 18:02:02 -0400
Max Horn <max at quendi.de> wrote:
[...]
> * Yes, it should be possible to disable OpenGL mode in case a system
> has OpenGL but broken (although I wonder how likely that is these days).

Most modern Linux systems will emulate OpenGL using Mesa if you don't have hardware support. This means that all such systems will report OpenGL as working!

That said, ScummVM's OpenGL usage will be so simple that even emulated OpenGL will probably work 'well enough' --- but there's no way to tell for sure without trying it on a case by case basis.

--
David Given
dg at cowlark.com