[Scummvm-devel] Wiki Per Game Compatibility by Platform

Thierry Crozat (Yahoo! Mail) thierry.crozat at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Mar 12 19:56:53 CET 2009

The mail I sent this morning (about 10 hours ago) only just made it
to the mailing
list. We will see if this one with my updated thoughts is faster to
arrive.

>>> I wanted to keep it easy to read at lower resoultions.  I use
>>> 1024x768, which is probably at the low end of the spectrum on
>>> today's
>>> computers, and the table doesn't need to scroll, so the information
>>> doesn't look as cluttered to me.
>>
>> Yes, using rows for games, and columns for the platforms looks
>> much better,
>> while keeping the table more compact.
>>
>> I think a single entry per game would be fine, only listing
>> critical issues
>> specific to each ScummVM port, that effect game play. Otherwise
>> you would
>> end up with extremely long list (ie Amiga, Apple IIE, AtariST,
>> Commodore 64,
>> NES, DOS V1, DOS V2 for Maniac Mansion). And duplicate information
>> already
>> available in the compatbility list on the web page.
>
> OK.  I updated I updated
> http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/User:MetaFox#Test_Bed, dropping the
> SCUMM engine listing, instead listing the games alphabetically.
>
> I listed just the games, except in the case of Maniac Mansion and Loom
> where certain ports have problems (ex: Maniac Mansion NES) or aren't
> completable (ex:Maniac Mansion Apple/C64 and Loom TG-16).

I would still list only one entry for each game, even if some variant
of the game
are completable and some others are not. Maybe use another marking (e.g.
"C / N" or "C / I / N" to differentiate with the games for which all
variants are
completable. But this needs to be explained above the table and
advise the
user to look at the game page for details.