[Scummvm-devel] New --enable-all-engines and --disable-all-engines configure switches

Max Horn max at quendi.de
Fri Mar 13 17:40:07 CET 2009

Hi folks,

I just added --enable-all-engines and --disable-all-engines to
configure (which was really easy thanks to Jordi's nice configure
improvements, yay!).

This allows some nifty things:

* Select only a specific set of engines. E.g. to disable all engines
except SCI:
   ./configure --disable-all-engines --enable-sci
Previously, you would have to separately disable every other engine. I
used to make shell scripts for that. But if we added a new engine to
the list of engines enabled by default, then I had to update the
script. Annoying.

This might also be useful for ports like the DS which only build a
specific subset of all engines. (In particular, I would love to make
the NDS use our configure script... ;)

* Enable all engines for the full experience ;-):
   ./configure --enable-all-engines

* Enable all engines except for SCUMM
   ./configure --enable-all-engines --disable-scumm

* Disable all engines because... well... dunno, but you can if you
like ;-)
   ./configure --disable-all-engines

Enjoy,